Two top producers for Tucker Carlson’s former show have left Fox News in the latest fallout of Mr. Carlson’s benching of the network.
Alexander McCaskill, a senior producer and former managing editor of “Tucker Carlson Tonight,” wrote on Instagram that Thursday was his last day at the network. Thomas Fox, who was a senior editorial producer on that show, also departed this week, according to two people with knowledge of the move.
One of the people said Mr. McCaskill and Mr. Fox were in talks to leave the network before Tuesday, when a cryptic appearance on Fox News called President Biden a “wannabe dictator.”
In a video posted on Twitter on Thursday, Mr Carlson said Kyron had been posted to the network by a producer who has since moved on. While he did not identify Mr. McCaskill by name, Mr. Carlson listed facts about the man, such as his length at the network, which matched Mr. McCaskill’s.
“Inside Fox, the women who run the network panicked” when Kyron was hired, Mr. Carlson said. “First he scolded the producer who put up the banner on the screen. He resigned less than 24 hours after that. He was at Fox for over a decade.”
A Fox News spokeswoman declined to comment on the departure of Mr. McCaskill and Mr. Fox. In a statement on Wednesday, the company said that “Kyron was immediately taken down and addressed.”
Mr Fox declined to comment on his departure in a brief phone call on Friday. Mr. McCaskill did not respond to a request for comment.
The Daily Beast first informed of Mr McCaskill’s exit, which he confirmed on Thursday in a post on his personal Instagram. “Today was my last day at Fox,” said Post. “It’s been a wild 10 years and it was the best place I’ve worked because of the great people I met. But the time has come. I asked them to let me go, and they finally did.
Mr. McCaskill and Mr. Fox are also named defendants in a discrimination lawsuit against Fox brought by Abby Grossberg, a former company producer who worked briefly on Mr. Carlson’s show.
Ms. Grossberg has accused Mr. McCaskill and other producers on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” of creating a toxic and abusive workplace in which he harassed her, often used a crude pejorative to describe women and made anti-social comments.
A person with knowledge of the discussions said Fox News and Ms. Grossberg are in settlement talks. CNN informed of Earlier on a possible deal between the two sides.
A lawyer for Ms Grossberg and a spokeswoman for Fox News declined to comment on any potential discussions.
Ms Grossberg also accused Fox News of pressuring her to make misleading statements in the Blockbuster defamation suit filed by Dominion Voting Systems. He has since dropped that case.
Days after Fox settled the Dominion suit for $787.5 million, Fox took Mr. Carlson off the air. The New York Times reported that Fox leaders had become concerned about the problems they presented for the network. Mr Carlson is still under contract with Fox, which has demanded he stop posting the video on Twitter.
A third top member of Mr. Carlson’s team also recently left Fox. Charles Cougar, who was executive producer of “Tucker Carlson Originals,” Mr. Carlson’s show on the Fox Nation streaming service, left the network in May, according to his LinkedIn profile. Mr. Cougar declined to comment.